Barcol Portable Hardness Tester 934-1 Indentation Hardness Tester
The hardness tester (Barker hardness tester) is a kind of indentation hardness tester. The test is rapid, simple, and can be used to quickly test the hardness of aluminum and aluminum alloy materials, in line with the American Standard B648 ASTM.
Hardness tester is mainly used to test the hardness of aluminum and aluminum alloy, but also can be used to test the hardness of other soft metal and glass fiber products. Can test a variety of large, ultra wide, ultra thick workpiece and assembly parts, test sheet, strip, profiles, forgings, castings, etc..
Is widely used in the aluminum processing industry W-20 webster hardness, suitable for most Aluminum Alloy. For the 2024 and 7075 grade aluminum alloy, can use the W-B75 type webster hardness, can also use the Barcol hardness meter. Using the PAP hardness tester for pure aluminum and aluminum alloy with low hardness, particularly thick aluminum alloy and other inconveniences using webster hardness of aluminum alloy workpiece.
Barcol hardness meter generally do as webster hardness meter, in the test of pure aluminum and aluminum alloy with low hardness and super, super thick material when used.
* small size, light weight (510g), easy to carry.
* single hand operation, no need to use experience, in any situation, as long as the hand can be tested.
* wide test range. From very soft pure aluminum to a particularly hard aluminum alloy can be tested, the effective test range is equivalent to the hardness of 25 ~ 150HB.
* high sensitivity. Only 20 graduated webster hardness, and Barcol hardness meter scale of 100, hardness meter has higher sensitivity.
* no need to support. The hardness tester is only tested on one side of the sample without support, and is suitable for testing large, super thick workpiece and accessories.
* require the sample to have a wide flat surface. So it is not easy to test the narrow strip, the small size sample and the curved surface sample.
* Hardness Conversion error. In test aluminium profiles to Barcol hardness conversion into webster hardness, and Barcol hardness conversion tables and national nonferrous standard YS/T420- 2000 conversion table 2.7 webster hardness unit difference. Therefore, the conversion table of the hardness tester should be used with caution.
* there is a defect in the PAP hardness block. Barcol hardness block thickness only 0.8mm, after testing, hardness blocks back will produce visible deformation traces, which shows insufficient hardness block thickness, this violates the indentation hardness specimen thickness on the basic principle, will bring the big test error.
* lack of good after-sales service. Equipment manufacturer in the country without a point of repair, each Proxy Companies as a trading company are lack of maintenance capacity. Therefore, the use of the hardness tester in the equipment maintenance and spare parts supply will be difficult.
The company as a portable hardness tester of the production plant, the hardness of the hardness tester has more research, has been repaired hundreds of 934-1 type instrument, can provide a spot of hardness and Pap hardness of the needle, providing one year warranty period. If it does require the use of the hardness tester, it is a wise choice to purchase from the company.
Standard hardness block 2
Correction wrench 1
Spare pressing needle 2
Edited By Mina